Monday, February 23, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 2/23/09


What a day! Already! My wonderful, loving, GENEROUS husband (really!), kept pulling the sheets off of me last night, so I kept waking up. Then I come downstairs to find that the refrigerator had been left open a crack so half the food in there had to be thrown out (that about made me sick!) and come to find that our 6 1/2 year old son has a tooth coming in behind his baby teeth (he hasn't lost any yet). Some are slightly loose but we're really going to have to work at getting them out. *sigh* But this is the day that the Lord has made and these are all really minor irritations that will probably be forgotten by evening. I will rejoice and be glad in it! Oh, and it brings to mind the verse I'm memorizing: "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds. For you know the that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."

Here's the menu:

Monday: Lasagna (using Italian sausage that was on sale this week!) & Salad
Tuesday: Chicken Tostadas, Rice & Beans (going to make the chicken in the crockpot with homemade salsa verde)
Wednesday: Pork Chops w/ Apples & Rosemary, Mashed Potatoes, Dilled Peas
Thursday: Broiled Salmon, Mushroom Risotto, Green Beans
Friday: Black Bean Soup, Chips & Salsa

2 comments:

Wanda said...

The verses you wrote about really gave me a lift this morning. Thanks ;) The food for this week sounds yummy.

annies home said...

love it when I find meat on sale this week I actually found hamburger for .99 cents a lb