Monday, June 28, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 6/28/10

It's Monday and I'm raring to go :) That maybe because I slept in until 7:30 this morning or it could be that it is a lovely 75 degrees outside, sunny and is NOT muggy for the first time in days. Ahhh...yes, it is going to be a good week!

And it must be the time of year to have babies, because I'm taking meals to two new mothers this week. Such fun! Hope they like what I bring (or are awake enough to taste it).

Monday: Italian Marinated Grilled Chicken Breasts, Bell Pepper Rice Pilaf (shooting for Ruby Tuesday's here), & Dilled Carrots. Dessert will be a Lemon Raspberry Cake with a Sweet Glaze.

Tuesday: Spinach & Artichoke Quiche with a Green Salad

Wednesday: Ham, Cheddar Mashed Potatoes, & Broccoli Salad

Thursday: Cuban Burgers (burgers topped with ham, provolone cheese, and dill pickles and then pressed) & Grilled Potato Packets


Friday: Grilled Pizza & Salad

And now for a garden update:

The garden plot is a jungle but everything is taking off. So far, I've gotten 9 heads of romaine lettuce, and two big heads of broccoli, some basil and a baseball sized red onion (that I didn't mean to hoe up but oops!). All the tomatoes out there are setting and so are the peppers. And I sold my soul to the devil and finally sprayed for Colorado Potato Beetles. That one application has allowed me to get a handle on the situation and I think I'll get a good harvest of potatoes now (before it was looking kinda sketchy!).

My backyard garden is doing well and everything looks healthy. I've got LOTS of dill, even after pulling a bunch. Sadly, the cilantro is past it's prime but soon I'll be able to harvest the coriander. All the herbs are doing well and I picked up a stevia plant on clearance. Now, my peppers here are not setting very well and I sure hope that they pick up some steam with this sunny weather we're supposed to have this week because I love my peppers!

No comments: