Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Menu Plan & Playing with Mackerel

Late (we've eaten half of the menu) but sharing nonetheless!

Monday: Butternut Squash Soup
Tuesday: Ham and Sweet Potato Pancakes (an original recipe - contest submitted - lol) & Salad
Wednesday: Mexican Taco Casserole (I'm loosely basing this off the linked recipe) & Salad
Thursday: Green Chicken Coconut Curry with White Rice & Salad
Friday: Cheese Ravioli with Marinara Sauce and Salad. I may just throw in some cheesy bread sticks with this one.

Now, on to the mackerel.

Holy Mackerel!........sorry, couldn't resist.

I've been recruited to cook some mackerel for our church's Wild Game Feast. Now, I've never cooked mackerel nor have I actually ever eaten mackerel so this should be fun and exciting! The planners gave me some ideas but after bumming around on-line, doing some searches, I think this recipe looks promising and so I'm going to just go with it. It is for Japanese Broiled Mackerel. I'll be excited to see how it turns out and will try to give an update next week.

No comments: