Sunday, February 21, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 2/22/10

Well, I don't think my ranch dressing, yes, the one I was so excited about, is quite right. I like the taste when I first make it but then something goes off. I will keep working on it though! I WILL succeed! But to give myself a break, I made this creamy Italian dressing. It was pretty good. I've modified it enough that it is my own but I worked off of one on allrecipes.com.

Creamy Italian Dressing:

In a blender combine:

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (you need extra virgin for the "fruity" flavor it brings)
1 Tablespoon chopped onion (or just cut off a slice and throw it in there)
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Pepper to taste

Blend until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!

This week's menu plan:

Monday: Vegetable Beef Soup & Open-faced Cheesy Bread
Tuesday: Chicken Fried Steak, Rice & Mixed Vegetables
Wednesday: Sticky Drumsticks & Spinach Cobb Salad
Thursday: Triple Zest Pork Chops with Citrus Relish (a recipe I'm concocting for a contest), Baked Potatoes, & Salad
Friday: Fire Roasted Shrimp Enchiladas (another original recipe) & Black Beans

No comments: