Monday, March 2, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 3/2/09


It has become painfully obvious to me that I have a hard time posting on this blog outside of Mondays! Sorry about that! I really do need to become better. I've started "gardening" for the season and I guess that's taking up some of my mental facilities that normally would go towards writing posts and what not. I did sew myself an apron so I'll try to post about that sometime this week - after all - a good apron is a good kitchen tool in my book! (and the whole project only cost me a dollar).

Here's this week's menu!

Monday: Broccoli Beef Stir-fry, Rice & Egg Drop Soup (I also picked up some frozen egg rolls at Aldi).
Tuesday: Roast Chicken, Vegetable Orzo, & Strawberry Spinach Salad (w/ Poppyseed Dressing)
Wednesday: Shepherd's Pie & Green Salad
Thursday: Chicken Enchiladas (using leftover chicken from Tuesday), Homemade Refried Beans (of course, chips and salsa!)
Friday: Parmesan Tilapia, CousCous, & Green Beans

The vegetable orzo is a new item to our house. I went to the trusty bulk food section in our grocery store and saw that wild rice had doubled (yes, doubled) in price. That's going off the menu rotation for sure after what I finish up what I have left in the pantry. But they did have vegetable orzo so I though I'd give it a try. Orzo is technically just a pasta but it has a similar texture to rice. So if someone in your family can't have rice, try substituting orzo for it.

No comments: