Monday, January 26, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 1/26/09


Is it Monday? Where, oh where, did the weekend go? I spent half of Saturday shopping - grocery and then for some craft items. I made the cutest (imo) baby shower sign for a shower that I am coordinating in the middle of February. I am not a scrapbooker but I can see how it could become a multi-billion dollar industry. :) I have a lot of extra paper but I figure the sign cost me around 5 dollars - not too shabby!

Okay on the food, this primarly a food blog, right?

Monday: Tom Ka Gai, *Salad & Chicken Egg Rolls (compliments of Aldi's)
Tuesday: Beef Fajitas, Refried Beans, Homemade Salsa & Chips
Wednesday: White Bean Ragu & *Salad
Thursday: Stuffed Pork Chops, *Salad & Baked Apples
Friday: Date Night and I'm not talking figs (we are going a Chris Tomlin Concert!)
Saturday: Seasoned Round Steak with Red Cabbage Slaw and Roasted Potatoes
*all salads now to include sprouts :)

Saturday's recipe is one that I'm developing for the National Beef Cook-Off. I hesitate even putting that information on here because I know that some many of the readers of this blog are outstanding cooks that could probably whomp me! But I am a rancher's daughter and I do have a freezer full of beef to cook with so it seems a natural fit that I try to win some money. :)

No comments: