Monday, August 17, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 8/17/09


I sat and stared at the computer screen a long, long time before I could come up with a menu for this week. Sometimes I just get tired of doing it but I know it is so much better to have a plan. I think I'll be pretty excited when cooler weather comes and we can have soups and stews again (just like I'm excited when grilling weather comes in the spring!). This week I also have plans for putting up some more garden produce. I'll be pickling jalapenos and I think I'll go ahead and do some dill pickle slices too. Although, I really would like to crinkle cut them - I just think they look so much nicer when they are crinkle cut! I'd also like to make some marinara sauce. If anyone out their has a great, approved for canning in a BWB canner marinara sauce recipe then please do share!!

Monday: Chicken Fajitas, Refried Beans, Chips & Salsa
Tuesday: Blue Cheese Burgers, Oven Fries, & Grilled Corn-on-the-Cob
Wednesday: Sauteed Chicken Breasts, Mashed Potatoes with Gravy, & Green Salad
Thursday: Grilled Salmon, CousCous & Green Beans
Friday: Parmesan Sage Pork Chops (on allrecipes.com), Wild Rice, Sauteed Squash

No comments: