Monday, August 31, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 8/31/09


Watch out everyone! September is HERE! Or will be tomorrow at least. Are you ready for fall? I love fall but I'm not quite sure where summer went.

Monday: Roast Turkey, Cheesy Potatoes, & Wax Beans
Tuesday: Browned Pork Chops, Risotto (pressure cooker), & Salad
Wednesday: Sloppy Joes, Oven Fries, & Veggies w/ Dip
Thursday: Cheesy Turkey Pot Pie (first time using crescent roll dough as the top) & Salad
Friday: Pizza! and I may make some homemade Jalapeno Poppers too....

The other thing I know I need to make this week is hot sauce. Looking for some good recipes! But I bascially think I got it worked out to how I'm going to make it.

4 comments:

Wanda said...

Cheese Turkey Pot Pie??? Yum!! Where is the recipe? I love the Banquet kind from the store, but they are kind of expensive, plus loaded with sodium.

Garden Girl said...

Wanda - it will go something like this:

Melt tbl butter in a sauce pan, saute chopped onion and minced garlic until soft. Throw in some seasonings: sage, thyme, salt & pepper. Stir in a tbl flour and cook for a little bit. Slowly add chicken broth (about 2 cups - can make from bouillon cubes). Stir in shredded cheese (I'll probably use American & cheddar). Then add one bag of frozen mixed veggies and chopped up left-over turkey (or chicken!). Then put in a casserole and cover with crescent roll dough. Bake in 350 oven until that top is golden brown and the turkey mixture is bubbly. Tada! (or you can use cream of chicken soup mix - lol)

Susan said...

This all sounds so good! The pot pie with crescent roll crust is making my mouth water :)

Wanda said...

I made the Chicken Pot Pie last week. Grace and I loved it. Andrew's statement was "Why's all this stuff in here?" (the vegetables) He ended up eating one ingredient at a time. Michael said, "It was alright, but leave out the vegetables next time- more chicken, maybe potatoes and corn.
Thanks for the recipe. I will make it again even though it was a 50% hit.